Bonifacio Global City Taguig, Philippines
“Even though I still don’t understand everything, I know that I don’t have to. All I am asked to do is love as God would love.”
This comment and many others like it are included in the new version of “Mormon and Gay.” The church changed the url of the website from mormonsandgays.org to mormonandgay.lds.org. The website serves as an official church website for members who identify themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual.
The webpage includes stories of Mormons who identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual alongside videos of their interview. We can find official outlines church beliefs regarding same-sex marriage, and it also serves as an additional resource to help members better understand sexual orientation and other similar topics.
Speaking directly to members of the church who experience same-sex attraction or identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual, Elder Clayton says, “We want you to know we love you. You are welcome. We want you to be part of our congregations. You have great talents and abilities to offer God’s kingdom on earth, and we recognize the many valuable contributions you make.”
The church believes that “Visitors to the website can find outlines of official Mormon beliefs about same-sex attraction and key concepts, themes and vocabulary to help Latter-day Saints engage in healthy conversations about this topic.”
Key beliefs include the following:
- We should love everyone.
- Feelings of same-sex attraction are not a sin, and we can choose how to respond.
- People who live God’s law can fully participate in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Latest posts by Romrik Joshua Flores, Moroni Channel (see all)
- Tinker Toy Model of Eternal Family Structures - January 20, 2019
- Latter-day Saint Comedian Stacey Harkey of Studio C Comes Out as Gay, Shares Message to LGBTQ Youth - December 20, 2018
- Latter-day Saints Church Giving Machines Surpass $1 Million in Donation - December 18, 2018
- Latter-day Saints Temple Brings Curiosity to the People in Rome - December 18, 2018