The Utah Area Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints shared the following message with Church leaders in Utah on April 8, 2021.
We are deeply grateful for the leadership of stake presidents, bishops and others in the Utah Area who throughout the COVID-19 pandemic have developed plans and implemented guidelines to allow our members to worship at home and at Church in safe and compliant ways. As infection rates in Utah continue to decrease and vaccinations significantly increase, we are getting closer to a time when we can return to our normal church meetings and activities.
In counsel with senior Church leaders, and taking into consideration the cautions outlined below, we now ask stake presidents, in consultation with bishops and others, to develop plans and take responsibility for how members in their stakes return to in-person church meetings and activities for all organizations.
- Comply with all directives from state and local governmental agencies and continue to follow appropriate safety guidelines and protocols, including masks and distancing, as determined by stake presidencies.
- Continue to broadcast Sunday worship services as directed by the First Presidency and provide ways for certain members to administer the sacrament in their homes.
- Stake presidencies may continue with virtual second-hour classes (especially when multiple wards meet in the same building and meeting times overlap), congregate in larger spaces, or implement other safe options.
Latest posts by Moroni Channel News (see all)
- Elder Lawyer, brother of Michelle Dee, returns home after completing LDS mission in Chile - November 17, 2023
- Miss Universe Philippines 2023 Michelle Dee’s Siblings Arrive in El Salvador for Support, Brother Returns from LDS Mission - November 17, 2023
- LDS Church offers relief to civilians in Gaza, Palestine and Israel - November 13, 2023
- BYU Jerusalem Center relocate students and faculty amidst ongoing conflict - October 17, 2023