Bonifacio Global City Taguig, Philippines
Two of the missionaries were seriously injured and were airlifted to the nearest Hospital in Ghana.Four LDS Missionaries are recovering from injuries in a serious car accident in Sierra Leone on Wednesday according to the church spokesman.
Two of the missionaries are from Utah and the other two are from Ghana. The church released the following statements:
”On Wednesday, August 24th, four missionaries and one member from the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission in Africa were involved in a serious vehicle accident. Their van was hit by another vehicle, which was attempting to pass a truck on the highway. Tragically, the driver of that vehicle died in the accident. We pray for his family and loved ones as they mourn their loss.
“Each of the people in the mission van received injuries, some quite severe. Two of the missionaries have been transported by air ambulance to Ghana for more extensive care. Two are recovering in a hospital in Sierra Leone, and one has been released and is recovering well.
• Elder Augustine Biney-Amissah from Breman Asikuma, Ghana
• Elder Nicklaus M. Spaulding from Nibley, Utah
• Elder Isaac Boateng from Moree, Ghana
• Brother Marcus Wallace from Sierra Leone
“We request the prayers and faith of all in behalf of these missionaries and their families.”
Latest posts by Romrik Joshua Flores, Moroni Channel (see all)
- One Republic performs in Utah YSA Conference - September 21, 2023
- Utah YSA Conference holds a concert and invites top American DJ for dance night - September 21, 2023
- Korea abandons “cringy” dance social with dating app in YSA Conference - September 20, 2023
- Is the LDS Church phasing out Angel Moroni on temples? - June 28, 2023