The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced plans to translate the Book of Mormon in 34 additional languages.
The following are the new scripture translation approved over the years:
- Triple combination of the scriptures in American Sign Language
- Tok Pisin
In addition, the first Presidency introduced a new process that will allow individuals to study draft portions of translations prior to publication of final translations, which means members will have earlier access to the scriptures in their language.
“As translations proceed, completed portions can be released in sequence from time to time. These sequential portions, although not considered final until the full translation is completed, will be made available on LDS.org and in the Gospel Library mobile application, the letter states”
In the letter attached, the LDS Church provided a list of numbers of available languages in the Book of Mormon, Bible Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price:
The Holy Bible: 3 languages in LDS Edition & 95 languages in Non-LDS Eddition
Book of Mormon: 90 Languages
Selections from the Book of Mormon: 21 Languages
Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price: 58 languages
Latest posts by Moroni Channel News (see all)
- Watch: Lindsey Stirling Releases Heartwarming Christmas Video Dedicated to Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts - December 22, 2017
- LDS Church Searching for YSA Hosts for Upcoming Facebook Live Event - December 22, 2017
- LDS Charities Joins Humanitarian Event Hosted by Prince Charles - December 18, 2017
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Celebrates Christmas Broadway-style - December 18, 2017