The Church has announced that season 3 of the hit series Book of Mormon Videos will be coming to more languages soon.
Starting on May 5, 2021, the live-action series will be available in the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Cebuano, Samoan, and Tongan.
“I think it adds a huge value to being able to really understand the scriptures,” said Liliana Corona-Guerrero, an actress from Oxnard, California, who played King Lamoni’s wife from the Book of Mormon.
Corona-Guerrero and actors from more than a dozen countries either performed or recorded their voices to bring to life the Christ-centered experiences from the Book of Mormon in what is now the video project’s third season.
“It was beautiful to see Polynesians, Native Americans […] people from Latin America, from all over, from each tribe and region, and we were all sharing our cultures and our traditions and our love for the Book of Mormon,” she said. “It was so special.”
The most recent episodes, released in English in spring 2020, cover teachings from the sacred text recorded by prophets in the ancient Americas from approximately 130 BC until AD 421, including Mosiah, Alma, and Mormon.
“Just like the sacred text, these Christ-centered videos will bring people closer to the Savior,” said Sister Reyna Aburto, second counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency. She also serves on the committee that oversees the Book of Mormon Videos series project.
“The Book of Mormon is the keystone to our faith and has already impacted countless lives around the world by helping us understand our divine purpose as children of a loving Heavenly Father,” Sister Aburto said. “Translating and interpreting the videos into many languages is evidence of that truth. And it is our hope that members and friends of the faith alike will feast on the teachings of Christ that are found in these videos.”
Filming for videos depicting events from the books of 3 Nephi and Ether was delayed due to COVID-19 and will occur in 2021. Episodes detailing events from the books of Helaman, Mormon, Moroni, and others will be filmed in 2022.
This is the release schedule for the newly released videos:
- May 5: King Benjamin Addresses His People | Mosiah 1–5
- May 12: Abinadi Testifies of Jesus Christ | Mosiah 11–18
- May 19: Alma the Younger Is Converted unto the Lord | Mosiah 27; Alma 36
- May 26: Alma Preaches the Word of God | Alma 4–7
- June 2: Alma and Amulek Are Delivered by the Power of God | Alma 8–15
- June 9: Ammon Serves and Teaches King Lamoni | Alma 17–19
- June 16: Alma and Amulek Teach about Faith in Jesus Christ | Alma 31–34
- June 23: Alma Counsels His Sons | Alma 36–42
- June 30: Moroni Invites All to Come unto Christ | Mormon 8–9; Moroni 10; Title Page
Latest posts by Moroni Channel News (see all)
- Latter-day Saints provide aid to Florida following Hurricane Ian landfall - October 5, 2022
- LDS Church to build 2nd temple in Las Vegas - October 5, 2022
- President Nelson announces 18 new temples at the October 2022 General Conference - October 2, 2022
- President Nelson announces new temple in Korea - October 2, 2022