After being postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square have announced the venues for their rescheduled heritage tour. The choir will perform in seven cities across four Nordic countries and the United Kingdom.
They will leave Salt Lake City on June 16, 2022, and return by July 7, 2022.
The tour will include performances in the following cities and venues:
- Stockholm, Sweden, June 18, 2022, Konserthuset Stockholm
- Helsinki, Finland, June 21, 2022, TBA
- Copenhagen, Denmark, June 25, 2022, DR Koncerthuset
- Oslo, Norway, June 28, 2022, Oslo Spektrum
- Edinburgh, Scotland, July 1, 2022, Usher Hall
- Newport, South Wales, July 4, 2022, International Convention Centre Wales
- Cardiff, Wales, July 6, 2022, St. David’s Hall (benefit concert, invitation only)
Choir President Ron Jarrett said the name of the tour is a nod to the choir’s history. Some of its earliest members had roots in Wales and other areas of Europe that the choir will visit during its upcoming tour.
“We stand on the shoulders of these musical pioneers who created a legacy that has influenced the entire world for good. What an honor it will be to share the joy and peace the music of the choir brings in some of the very places where it all began,” said Jarrett.
Latest posts by Moroni Channel News (see all)
- North Korean soldier saves LDS prisoner and escape North Korea together - November 25, 2022
- Disney’s Encanto cast sings at LDS Church’s giving machine event in Salt Lake City - November 25, 2022
- India builds 15-foot statue of Joseph Smith alongside history’s prominent figures - November 23, 2022
- LDS Church releases statement in support of same-sex marriage law - November 16, 2022